Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Hangover

Merry Christmas folks. I'm running on fumes this morning. I don't know what a hangover feels like but my head is throbbing and I gotta go drive north for a Christmas visit. We just opened presents. The kerosene heater is going and Kung Fu Panda is playing in the background. (Don't ask.) What makes a good Christmas? When you get what you want? Okay...what did you want? I suppose that's what makes Christmas truly special, or a self-perpetuating tragedy. I have my family. I have a home. We have food and utilities and a steady income. I have a career that challenges me across the human spectrum. And ditto on my church calling. I have the Gospel of Jesus Christ, restored and maintained through actual living and breathing prophets personally called of God. This is what I want, what I want to keep for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

StumbleUpon